Thursday, December 12, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Red Relic Review and Swatch

Hello beautiful people! A little while back I was in CVS and saw Maybellines limited edition vintage leather collection. I was in a bit of a rush but I couldn't stand to pass them up so I grabbed one and bought it. Heres what I came up with it.

Maybelline color show limited edition vintage leather red relic review and swatch


This is Red Relic. Its a tomato red color with bits of flake glitter in it. Its also matte like all the others in the collection.

Application

As far as that goes, it applies alright. It took about three thin coats to be opaque. In the pictures you can almost see nail line on my pinky. But it could've been much worse. If I had put more work into applying it, it probably would've been fully opaque.

Look

Im going to be honest here. I hate this. I don't really think that a matte polish with flake glitter in this color is a very attractive combination. To me, it looks like cheap lumpy plastic rather then leather. But thats just my opinion. Thats also why it doesn't look totally matte in the picture. Its because I took the picture before it dried completely because I was in a rush to get it off my nails. I also want to add that, even though it didn't dry completely, it still stained. Badly. Had to break out the remover and scrub for a while even though it was only on for maybe five minutes at most. I can't imagine how bad it would've stained if I had allowed it to dry completely.

Price

About $4.50. Not too bad if you like the color and finish.

Overall

I like a lot of of the colors in the collection. But this isn't one of them. As you can probably tell, I'm not too happy about this purchase. Then again, its completely my own fault, as I really should've thought about what I was purchasing. Oh well, lesson learned. No more last second grab and buys. Hopefully at some point I can buy the colors in the collection that I do like and forget about this one.

Well then, what do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear your opinion! Until next time, happy painting! :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment