Sunday, January 26, 2014

Essie Mint Candy Apple Review and Swatch!

Hello everyone! Today marks a milestone for myself. My first Essie polish review! :) In the past, I haven't been too sure about Essie, since they're higher in the price range. But they looked so adorable on the shelf at Target, so I caved and bought one.


Essie Mint Candy Apple
Mint Candy Apple, Flash

Essie Mint Candy Apple
Mint Candy Apple, Natural light
Essie Mint Candy Apple
Mint Candy Apple, Natural Light
This beauty is called Mint Candy Apple, its a soft baby blue that kind of reminds me of baby blankets. It also has some soft mint green tones in the right light. It's part of the winter 2013 collection. It fit with the season perfectly! 
So onto the review..

Application

It went on evenly in two coats. At first I thought it was going to be a little patchy but then it evened itself out! I love polishes that self level, it makes it so much easier.

Look

I think its very cute. I had been hoping to see some more of the green tones in it, but I like it as is now. Its the type of blue thats great for winter, but it could be adapted for other occassions. Its a pretty flexible color.

Price

$9.00. Personally I still think thats pricey for nail polish, but I just couldn't resist it. Essie polishes are just so cute!

Overall

I like the color a lot, although I think i'll take a look at sale boards on pinterest to buy Essie polishes from now on. Or maybe Amazon. They have cheaper prices and you know me, I always look for the best deal.

So what do you think? Do you have this one in your collection? If not, will you get it soon? 

As always, happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment