Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sunflower nail art

Hi everyone! So..im not sure about all of you, but lately i've had a case of the winter blahs. Winter can be nice and all, but I miss spring and its warmth and flowers and everything. So to brighten things up I have to show you some nail art I did a while back then almost forgot about.  I found the pictures and I thought that it was perfect for the occasion! 

Sunflower nail art

Sunflower nail art

Sunflower nail art


Sunflowers! The perfect symbol of warmer weather. I'd redo it on my nails now except for one thing.
I'm not sure why, but this mani gave me so much trouble. It took me multiple tries to get it right, after which my fingers were just about covered in polish gunk. I had to wait till it all came off to take pictures, thus the slight red spot on my index finger in the two later pictures. Please ignore that ;). 

Anyway, I liked the end result, no matter how hard it was for me to get it to that point. I used an unnamed Claire's polish that I nicknamed "Glue" as the base because its the brightest white I have(if you want to see more of it take a look at my review of Maybelline Clearly spotted, you can see what the bottle looks like in those pictures and all that). Then I used Wet n Wild Black Creme for the center of the flower and E.l.f Sunflower for the petals(which, by the way, is my all time favorite yellow nail polish!). I used a toothpick to draw the flower, and that really made me want to buy a set of nail art brushes because toothpicks just don't do the job right. But..i'm procrastinating on that just a little bit. 

So..this post made me realize that I haven't shown you some of my best older stuff yet. So..stay tuned for more pictures! :)

In the meantime, happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment