Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Picks from the Zoya Winter Holiday 2015 Matte Velvet Collection!

Hi everyone! I'm baaack! How are you all doing today? I've been a little busy with school and work, but otherwise I've been good.
So a few days ago I caught wind of a brand new Winter Holiday collection from Zoya. A new Matte Velvet collection! Now, I really liked the last Matte Velvet collection, but back then I had a very small budget so I ended up missing out on most of them. So of course I had to snap these up. I ran out and bought 4 of them. I skipped on Honor (green) and Amal (red). So here we go..onto the swatches!





Sue is a pale champagne gold matte. It has some pretty subtle multi colored shimmer in it. Gorgeous!



Yves is a dark blue matte. This one was really opaque. I did two coats. I did have some minor staining with this one so use a base coat underneath it!


Iris is a warm purple matte. I really want to put a shiny top coat over it. It's got some fuchsia flecks in there that make it gorgeous! 2 coats.


Aspen is a shimmery white matte. I had the highest hopes for this one. This one is my favorite color wise. The crisp bright white looks like snow! But that being said..the formula was a disappointment. It went on thicker than the others and did not want to self level. You can see how it still looks a bit uneven in places. I used 3-4 coats.

Overall, I love this collection! My favorites are Iris and Aspen (although I wish that it had a better formula). Sue is pretty too but I'm not sure if it agrees with my skin tone. What are your favorites? Are you loving mattes as much as I am? Let me know, I want to hear from you!
As always, happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment