Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sally girl Ice Cream Shoppe Swatches

Okay..so a few weeks ago I was in Sally's Beauty Supply (I love that place, seriously the best store ever), and before I checked out I noticed they had a new Sally girl collection on display for March. The collection is called Ice Cream Shoppe, and it consists of cute pastels with small black glitter in it. I picked up a few of them..because they looked adorable and the price can't be beaten at .99 cents each. So I have two of them to share with you today!

First up is Chocolate Chip, a milky white polish with small black glitter. First I tried it by itself, this is three coats.



I wasn't really happy with the way it looked on it's own. The black glitter went a little wild..and it just looked a little weird to me. So I took it off and put two coats over one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.



I like it layered over white more. I think it looks more even.

Next is Mint Chip, a mint green polish with small black glitter. I didn't try to apply it by itself and I'll tell you why. When I removed three coats of Chocolate Chip, the black glitter went EVERYWHERE. It took me forever to get all of the little specks off of my fingers and I think I still have a few that I missed left on there! So..I didn't want to put more coats of this polish then I had to.
So here it is in two coats over Sinful Colors Snow Me White.



I think the effect of both polishes is adorable. I like Chocolate Chip a little better then Mint Chip..maybe because it blended well with the white polish underneath and because I like the finish a little more. It seems to be a little less cloudy looking when dried. But I do like both polishes. Pastels are great for spring and the ice cream look is so cute!

So..what do you think of them? Do you like food inspired polish as much as I do? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment