Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Essie Bikini So Teeny Review and Swatch!

Hi everyone! Today I have for you a pretty polish done by a great brand that I enjoy, but has often been a little bit too far on the pricey side for me, a broke teenager, to afford. But, the lovely Michelle from Manic Talons gave this to me. Which I appreciate a lot. 
So here it is, Essie Bikini So Teeny. This color is almost one of those lavender blurples. But it's just enough on the blue side that it's not. It's a creme with subtle silver micro shimmer in it (which I couldn't really see much of on the nail).








Application


I had some trouble with it. It went on kind of streaky and sometimes looked lumpy on the edges of my nail. I had to re-do my middle finger three times. Three. So the formula could be better.


Look


Although I'm not sure that it totally agrees with my skin tone, it's a cute color. I think it probably would look good on people with less red and pink undertones in their skin then I do. It also ended up with what looks like a tiny bit of bubbling. In it's defense though, I'm not 100% sure if the bubbles are from the polish or the top coat. I've had some difficulties with the top coat I had bubbling. I might re-do the swatches in the future with a different top coat to see if that was the problem. It also could've been a combination of both the polish and the top coat.

You can really see what i'm talking about in this picture.




Price


Retail $8.99, but I received this one as a gift, as I stated above.


Overall

I think for the higher price Essie could've done better on the formula. It's a cute color but I'm not really sure if I like it enough to go through the application process again. But although it wasn't overly great, it definitely wasn't the worst formula i've seen in a polish. The price of the brand makes me a little more critical of it though. Especially with the bubbling.

So, what do you think? Do you thing the bubbles are the polish or the top coat? Or both? Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment