Thursday, November 21, 2013

31 Days Of Nail Art Day 5: Blue Nails

This is where I can really see myself improving. I was searching the internet for blue nail art ideas and I came across a picture of someone who had put thin blue ribbon across their nails. I really liked the idea, but as I didn't have any tape, I just painted the design.

Blue ribbon nail art 31 days of nail art challenge day 5 blue nails


I'm actually pretty proud of this. I think the overall effect is great, if you ignore the uneven sizes of my nails. Apparently my ring and pinky fingernails grow faster then my pointer and middle fingernails. I've since evened them out by filing them, but here its noticeable, at least in my opinion. Thats okay though, I still love the design. It was actually inspired from nail art 101's nail art, as you can see here
I used 2-3 coats of e.l.f Skinny Jeans and used a toothpick to make the ribbon outlines with NYC Tribeca Silver, before filling in the lines with Wet N Wild Blue Moon.
Tell me what you guys think of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment