Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lemon Nail Art

Hi everyone! I'm back! Sorry for the long wait! For a while there I just posted to Instagram, and I apologize for neglecting those of you who see me on here. Anyway,  recently I finally had a nice opportunity. I got to go buy some Funky Fingers polishes. I previously hadn't gotten the opportunity to get them because they are only sold at Five Below stores, and the closest Five Below to my house is over an hour away. But the other day I went on a trip to visit family and they happen to have a five below near their house. So I got to go! Yay! I didn't want to spend too much money since I already gone a bit polish crazy with my graduation money, and I do want to save some of that. So I just limited myself to four polishes, two from Funky Fingers and two Fresh Paint.  I'll have swatches of those soon enough, but today I want to show you some simple nail art I did with one of the Funky Fingers polishes.

This polish caught my eye in the store, not just because of the color, but also because of the name. Alex's Lemonade. For those of you don't know, Alex's Lemonade is a charity that raises money to benefit research for childhood cancer. Right now Five Below is supporting them by selling this limited edition polish with a portion of the profits going to the charity. I think that's really nice, so I bought one.

It's a good polish, a bright yellow creme, that surprised me by also being lemon scented! The formula of the polish is good, being nicely opaque for a yellow. I used two coats, three on one nail to even it out a bit more. It also dried nice and shiny. I also used Nuance Black Dahlia with Sally Hansen Lite to paint little lemon slices on my nails.



Cute right? And it benefits a charity. Overall, I'm really happy with it.

So what do you think? Let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment