Friday, January 9, 2015

Orly Mirrorball! The hype is justified.

Hi everyone! I bet you're surprised to see me twice in one week! Well, I meant what I said in my last post. I'm going to make myself worthy of your attention, starting with posting more regularly.

Anyway, if you're familiar with the polish community, you might have heard about Orly Mirrorball. It's from the Orly Holiday 2014 Sparkle collection. When this baby came out, I and a lot of other people were intrigued at the idea of a new mainstream holographic polish. At first I didn't run out to buy it with everybody else. I'm not usually one to rush to buy a polish whenever someone says that it's a musthave. I definitely belong to the bargain hunter crowd, more because of my budget rather than by choice. I wish I could afford to buy from all the new collections the second they hit the stores, but I can't. Instead I can only afford to buy a few new polishes, and they have to be really good if i'm going to go for them.
That being said, I bought Mirrorball..and is it worth it?

...


Orly Mirrorball Sunlight

Orly Mirrorball Sunlight 2

Orly Mirrorball Shade

Orly Mirrorball out of focus(so you can see how sparkly it is)


Answer: Heck yes.

Here are some of the reasons why I think that this one is worth picking up while it's still available.

1. The finish. This is not just a normal linear holographic polish. It's a linear holographic polish..with small holographic glitter. Double rainbow..all the way across your nails..

2. The formula. It's opaque in two coats, and is really easy to work with. It dries nice and flat too so if you put on a coat that's too thick by accident it will correct itself. I used 3 coats in the pictures because I like it better that way but I still appreciate an opaque in two coats polish.

3. The price. I bought my bottle at Sally Beauty on clearance for $3.75. If you can't still find it there it's available here in the mini set with some others from the collection.

Now..just an idea, You could add a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust(or other holo topcoat) for a SUPER holographic effect.

So, those of you who don't have it, will you go for it? Those of you who have already snapped one up, are you happy you did?

Happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment