Monday, January 5, 2015

Sparkly Holographic Firework Nail Art

Happy New Year!
Yeah..I'm that girl who still wishes people happy new year on the fifth.

So, last year as you all probably know by now was not the greatest year for me blogging wise. I didn't post very often, and i'm not going to sit here and make excuses. You probably don't care all that much if I blog or not, since there are about eleventy bajillion other blogs out there to go to instead. But, if anybody is actually is reading this now, thank you. I plan to make myself worthy of your attention.  I've got some posts planned for the future already.

Now..I figured that it's not too late to show you the first manicure I did in 2015! I love it so much, i'm still wearing it!



When I think of the new year, I think of a lot of things. Glamorous stuff on TV..being at home chilling with my dog in my pajamas instead of actually doing anything glamorous..listening to people shoot off fireworks in spite of the fact that we live in a place with a lot of trees and they are illegal in my state..
Ah, there's some inspiration. Sparkly firework nail art that embodies awesome things about New Years that I know i'll actually probably take part in someday.
Or i'll just watch it on TV and eat ice cream. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.
End pathetic paragraph.

So what I did for this design was first painted my nails black. I actually used a random LA Colors black..but you can use any black for it if you want to do this yourself. Then I used a nail art brush to paint swoops of holographic polish on top. I used Color Club Miss Bliss on my pointer, Layla Mermaid's Spell on my middle, Orly Mirrorball on my ring, and Layla Ultraviolet on my pinky. Miss Bliss worked the best, so if you have other polishes from the Halo Hues collection, they would work amazingly for this. This took some practice to get the lines to look right, especially since i'm not very experienced with a nail art brush. But overall it was pretty easy. To finish it off I dabbed on some China Glaze Fairy Dust for sparks and top coated it with Sally Hansen Insta dri.

So there you have it! One of my favorite designs yet! I might do a picture tutorial in the future if anybody wants to see one. In the meantime, have a great day and a wonderful start in 2015! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment