Monday, January 26, 2015

Spoiled Are Mermaids Real? Review and Swatch

Hi everyone! Today I have to show you a polish i’ve had for a while. I picked it up in CVS one day and it’s been sitting in my untried pile for several months so I figured that I should swatch it, and I am so glad I did.


Meet Are Mermaids Real? by Spoiled. A beautiful purple jelly filled with gold flake shimmer.







Okay, first of all, can we just take a moment to appreciate that this polish has “mermaids”  in it’s name and isn’t blue or teal? I like that, it’s a refreshing change.
Now for the review..


Application


I used three coats for the pictures above, but it went on nicely overall. The brush was a little weird, as with all of the polishes from the brand, but in this color it wasn’t problematic. The one problem I had with this polish was the dry time. It appeared to be dry but hours later I was typing on my computer and the polish dented majorly. Seriously, after it’s been hours I expect my polish to not be that easily messed up. I didn’t use a top coat, so maybe that was my mistake. I recommend using one if you wear this polish.


Look
It’s really pretty. In certain lights the gold flakes even look slightly green. You might also see flashes of pink shimmer in there, but it’s very subtle. I really like how complex it is, and the shade of purple is beautiful. If you love purple, you’ll adore this.


Price
$1.99 at CVS.


Overall
I’m happy with this polish, although I will definitely use a topcoat next time I wear it. I think the color and the price make it worth the annoyances.

So, do you like the color? Would you buy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment