Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 7: Black and White Nails

I could've gone a couple different directions with this one. But after some looking around on the internet, I found something really awesome.

Newspaper nail art 31 days of nail art challenge Day 7: black and white

Newspaper nails! Its so cute and fun :). For those of you who don't know how to do it, heres a little tutorial. 


What you need: 

- Newspaper
- Rubbing alcohol (I've heard this can also work with water but I've never tried that for myself)

1. Paint your nails with your base color. It should be a light color or the print won't show up as well. Also, make sure your nails are dried COMPLETELY before moving on, otherwise you'll be left with a mess of goopy nail polish and paper all over your fingers. I may or may not know from experience..

2. Take the newspaper and cut it into small pieces, large enough to cover your nails. I did this with plain text but you can do this with the cross word sections, or you can even try the comics!

3. Pour some rubbing alcohol (or water if you choose to try that) into a small bowl. You don't need very much of it, just enough to dip ten pieces of newspaper into(or more, if your like me and tend to need a few extra strips in case of mistakes). 

4. Dip a piece of newspaper into the alcohol to get it wet.

5. Place text side down over your nail, and put pressure on it. Be careful not to move it around, or the text might get smeared. Hold in place for around 15 seconds.

6. Carefully peel the paper off your nail.

7. Apply a top coat to protect your design.

There you go! Newspaper nails. Just as a note, when you do this, the text imprinted onto the nail will be backwards, so trying to imprint individual words won't work. So thats what I have for you today! If you like my posts, tell me what you think! I'd love to hear from you! Happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment